Step 4.3 Verbal
We areassigning a verbal cue through Classical Conditioning.
- Place the PVC stick n front of the dog’s face and allow him to focus on it. Wait a variable number of seconds.
- Say your verbal cue and within 2 seconds apply gentle continuous pressure on the leash.
- Present the stick to the dog and wait until he takes it.
- When he does, immediately release leash pressure.
After 200 repetitions with verbal-mechanical the dog is still not reacting?
The potential reason might be in your timing. Either too much or too little between the verbal and mechanical.
Make certain that:
- You say your verbal cue.
- You count one second in your head (think out the thought “one one thousand”)
- You apply leash pressure