Lesson 1, Topic 1
Step 1 Two Identical Balls Copy
Step 1 – Two Identical Balls
We will need 2 identical balls.
- Place one ball on the ground in front of the dog and put the other one out of sight.
- Place the dog in a Down and position yourself by his rear end.
- We will begin by having the dog focus on the ball, and after a few seconds, we will release the dog to the ball by the command BITE and an activation leash pop.
- We will repeat this multiple times to ensure the dog is super focused on the ball, and he is expecting to get it.
- You can see Anna giving the leash a small activation pump to make it clear for the dog to go to the ball.
- Place the dog in a Down.
- Place a ball in front of the dog and make sure your dog sees you placing the second ball under your arm.
- Position yourself by the dog’s rear end.
- If your dog loses interest in the ball on the ground, release him to it without him looking at it and get him to become more active – 03:01 sec. You can kick the ball and prevent the dog from getting it to increase the drive.
- Next time, follow the same steps and still release the dog to the ball on the ground.
- Repeat a few times.
- We will then follow the steps above, but instead of releasing the dog to the ball in front of him, we ask him to get into the Basic Position.
- Once he is in it and is looking up – mark and reinforce with the ball from under your arm – 04:01 sec.
To ensure the dog is still focused on the ball on the ground, we will randomly alternate between the release to the ball on the ground or asking him to get into the Basic Position. Do not follow a pattern and be random. Make sure your dog is laser-focused on the ball on the ground while still paying attention to you.