Lesson 4 of 9
- About 2 m from the flag, you can stop and adjust your dog’s gear.
- This is when you can take your short leash and put away.
- The long line can be positioned:
- On the back of the dog, just like a regular walking leash.
- Under the chest and out behind a front leg.
- From the chest between the front and back legs.
- If you are using a Böttger harness, the leash is attached to the back stomach loop.
- You have to wait for the judge’s permission to approach the scent pad.
Most of the people do not use the leash attached to the back because it can pull the dog’s head up from the track. This is undesirable as the dog is judged by the depth of the nose on the track.